Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My daughter's 13th Birthday

 I  never did get a get around to posting the pictures from my daughter's 13th birthday...Now here is where I hide my head...this was a year ago now. She just turned 14. My computer has crashed 2 times since then, and I was not sure what happened to the pictures. Today I found them...I was so excited. I do have to say though it makes me realize just how fast time does pass. I can not believe that it has been a year already. So, like her room makeover, her birthday was black and white damask with fuschia (or hot pink in some cases). I made a paper cake that we used for the goodie boxes. We put mirrors, nail polish, and lipstick in them. We also had fans with the damask pattern as well as manicure sets. Because I know how cups get all mixed up at parties I made each one of the girls their own cup. I bought the cups, and cut out each name in vinyl with my E. This was also something they got to take home with them. Meag (my daughter) wanted red velevet cupcakes, and she wanted me to make them not buy them..(of course)...so I cut out the cupcake wrappers on my E to go around them. There were other goodies as well that the girls got to take home. One of Meag's favorite movies is Finding Nemo...so we put a sheet across the fence in the back yard, and the girls watched the movie outside. We also set up a tent for them, and they all slept outside all night long. We did refrain from sneaking up on them and scaring the bageebas out of them, but I wanted to;). The party was a great success.
 
Thanks for taking time to stop by today...I hope you have a fantabulous day!


6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Everything is gorgeous! I'm sure your DD loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a divalicious birthday!! I love it! Thanks for hopping along with us over at Scraps Of Darkness, and for your sweet comments on my blog! So appreciate it ~Renea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant party theme for a 13 year old. I bet it was fabulous.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Thank you for stopping by my blog during the Harvesting Memories Blog Hop! I love the birthday party favors and theme! I am sure the party-goers had a great time! Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete